Located in the hip urban North Park neighborhood of San Diego, this active family wanted to add a modern pool to their compact backyard. To accommodate the 3 foot height difference from the raised deck off the house to the backyard grade, the final design incorporated “bleacher” seating to ease the transition and create additional seating options. The final design incorporates the following features:
- modern finishes such as board form concrete, geometric concrete tiles and horizontal wood fencing
- built in bench at the end of the pool deck
- a water feature and fire pit
- numerous seating options to allow for sunbathing, entertaining and relaxing
- bar height ledge built into the railing of the deck to allow for additional seating
- easy to maintain, low water planting
Stay tuned for updated photos when the construction process starts on this project.